Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What's for Dinner this Week?!

Next to my husband & daughter, FALL is my favorite thing in this world! The fall-like weather this past week inspired my meal planning for the next two weeks! I'm excited to taste some of our cool weather favorites...it's been way too long!

I'll get into my step-by-step meal planning details later, but for now I've posted this bi-weekly meal plan!

Feel free to copy the menus, grocery list, and recipes for your use! Note**this grocery list is specific to our family - what I already have in the pantry, cupboards, fridge etc. I don't include on the list, so make sure you adjust it!

DOWNLOAD MENUS, GROCERY LIST, & RECIPES BELOW

Here's our menu for this week. I generally stick to the menu because that's easiest for me, but there's always room for flexibility! You can get some of these tasty recipes below!

My amazing Mom taught me how to meal plan for 2 weeks at a time! This helps for SO MANY REASONS! 1. Cuts planning time in half 2. If you want to have flexible meal options it gives you 14 options already available 3. Reduces grocery budget...everyone knows the more times you go to the grocery store, the more you spend because it's SO HARD to stick to your list! 4. You only have to grocery shop once every two weeks (Occasionally a 2nd stop is necessary for fresh produce)!

I always start by picking meals, and compile my grocery list based on needed ingredients. I don't include breakfasts or lunches on my menus, but I plan for them on my grocery list by adding things beyond our dinner items that we're going to need!

Here are some of the tasty recipes! Let me know how you like them!

This hubby favorite recipe is from my "Aunt" Beth! We love it!
I found this recipe in my 2009 edition of Good Housekeeping Comfort Food magazine!

DOWNLOADS
Click on the links below!

Menu #1     Menu #2     Grocery List     Tortilla Pie     Baked Penne     Crockpot Roast

Happy Planning!


2 comments:

Kevin and Mindy said...

Ok Debi, You have inspired me! I am going to try your planning.. I currently do a 1 week plan and well I don't like it that much so now I will try your style! Your recipes sound delious!! I will let you know how it goes!!

debi jo said...

I hope it works out for you! Miss you guys!

Post a Comment