Sunday, September 15, 2013

Getting Started

Well, hello! Thanks for visiting my new blog. "Why do I think people will read this?" you ask! Well, I don't know if they will, but I hope those who do will find it helpful! Let me explain why it exists:

I have one of THE best Moms in the world. She was and still is one of the world's best home-makers. She taught my sister and I how to love God, respect her husband, love her 4 kiddos, and manage a home! We learned valuable lessons in laundry, cooking, thrifting, sewing, and one of the biggest MEAL PLANNING. I have learned a few things since being married, but most of what I know in the areas of home-making are compliments of my mother! This blog will focus on meal planning, recipes, and grocery lists, but will also highlight pieces of my home-making life!

I have the privilege of being a stay-at-home Mommy and I love it! I applaud working Mom's because I have NO idea how you work, raise your kiddos and manage a home. I'm tired just thinking about it! I applaud the stay at home Mommy, who has committed herself to raising and teaching her kiddos at home, rarely getting breaks from tiny humans :) This blog is for all of you!

I was challenged by a recent message in church about doing "Good". Hebrews 13:15-16, "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is please." I hope this blog will be just one avenue in my life in which I can "do good". If my weekly meal plans help just one working mom spend less time in the kitchen when she gets home and more time with their precious kiddos, then it's worth it. If my grocery lists or recipe cards help one person save money on their food budget, so they can go on a special date with their hubby, then it's worth it!

I am not a professional cook, meal planner, or anyone special. I'm just one home-maker letting life happen and finding joy along the way! I don't cook with all organic foods (though I am trying to work on eating more whole foods), I love simple recipes that taste great and that provide leftovers for lunch!

I'm excited to hear comments from you all and I hope just a little bit of good comes from "all things debi jo".



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Debi! Will look forward to your blog every time! <3

Post a Comment